The Association for Persons with Exceptional Needs (APEN), is an organization of professionals who are dedicated to improving the quality of life and service delivery for all individuals identified as having special needs. Members include social workers, Special Educators, teacher trainers, physiotherapists, speech clinicians, psychologists, health care providers, counselors, family members and those associated with related disciplines.
To equip persons with exceptional needs, through best practices in education, training and support services, for open employment and life-long learning, in partnership with our stakeholders and the community.
To build an inclusive community where everyone is a part of it, and not apart from it.
The organization believes that all persons with special needs:
- Have the right to enjoy life and be respected at all times
- Are entitled to fully access health, educational, transport services and any other services available to the general public
- Are ensured that their skills, talents and abilities are recognized and developed to their full potential
- Are ensured to have an equal representation by having a strong voice in the decision making process
- Are entitled to live and be part of the community
- Are ensured to be provided with the appropriate trainings in order to be empowered and fully participate in the community they live in.
Mr Athar Ali